So this really awesome teacher named Erica taught me how to add drop-down menus to a word document. Can you imagine the possibilities? You can add in all of your standards and anything that you get tired of typing out! You can even add a calendar!!
Did you guys already know how to do this? Seriously the coolest thing ever.
Assuming you're late to the party like me, here is what you do!
1. You have to add the "DEVELOPER" tab to your Microsoft word. (Not sure how to add it in a Mac but I know if can be googled). So Hit "File" and go down to where it says "OPTIONS."
2. Then you'll click "CUSTOMIZE RIBBON. From there, you can click "DEVELOPER" and it'll be added to your ribbon!
Now that you have the developer tab added, I'll talk you through adding a drop-down menu. I like to click the little box that says "Combo Box Content Control" to start. When you click it, you'll see the drop-down menu added to your document but it will be empty. You need to click the drop-down menu and then go up and click "Properties" and you can customize your drop-down menu from there!
You'll want to:
1. Click where it says "add"
2. Copy/Paste or Type whatever you want as an option to add (must be added individually, though. You can't copy/paste ALL of your standards, for example- you'd have to do them individually in order to select the ones you are teaching) where is says "Display Name."
3. Click "OK" and go see your new options in a drop-down menu!
If you want to add a calendar, simply click the "Date Picker Content Control" icon that looks like a little calendar. You can customize from there.
Lastly, if you want the items in your drop-down to match the fonts in your lesson plans, you can easily make that happen!
1. Open "Properties" for the drop-down menu you're wanting to customize.
2. Click "New Style"
3. Find the font you'd like to change it to and the change the size if you need to.
4. Click "OK"
That's it! Give it a try. ;)
Or- If you don't want to give it a try, I'll do it for you! I'm adding these dropdown menus to my store. Find it HERE!