1. THANK you for heading over to my TpT to follow me. I'm not nearly as lonely. If you haven't gone yet, PLEASE DO! =)
2. We know I'm all about workshop and balanced literacy. I've had a bunch of emails requesting my lesson plan/schedule so I'll post it below. You should know that it is CONSTANTLY evolving as I grow and learn more things.
3. SUMMER SEND OFF! I decided to host a summer send off to get my students really ready to attack the Summer Slump! I've included photos below!
4. Summer Plans: This is my first summer without working in....ever. I'm SO excited. I plan to get certified in Zumba this Saturday and spend lots of time choreographing, go to LOTS of PD (the one I'm most excited for is Katie Wood Ray!) and create units to get us started in first grade. Be on the look out- it's gonna be a busy but AWESOME SUMMER!!
5. FACEBOOK PAGE DOWNLOAD - I was asked to add kindergarten to the facebook page so here it is!(Some real examples- SO cute!)
Here we GO!
Lesson Plan: I like to be able to take my plans with me on a clip board so I can fill them out where ever I can. I created this based off of a template my literacy coach Candace used in her room. It is almost like a check list, really. You won't find a space for standards because I do that separately. The majority of my assessment is done during conferring for reading and writing. Here it is:
(click to download)
SUMMER SEND OFF: Check out the photos!
title 1 money gave us a great opportunity for parent involvement!
Just Right Books!
So, I use TONS of anchor charts and refer to them often while teaching. I thought it would be a good idea to take photos of the charts and let them make a book out of it!
smile for the camera!
Whew! This was quite a long post.